Senior Platform Engineer – Backend
Email your CV to email@example.com
- Essentially looking for an Engineer with 3 to 5 years’ experience who can work with us in developing our backend systems at scale.
- Take end to end ownership right from solution design, development and implementation.
- Optimize data workflow to ensure the best possible user experience.
- Foster the development of high performing technical teams to meet strategic architectural objectives.
- Ability and enthusiasm to self-learn on the job.
- Collaborate with application and UI developers to define data structure that links data source to the application.
- Demonstrated ability of bringing complex development projects to successful completion.
- Good knowledge on emerging technology trends like AI, Big Data, Cognitive Computing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Must Have Skills
- Extensive problem-solving skills and hands-on experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing solutions based on Python ( Must ) Java, RDBMS, No-SQL ( MongoDB / Cassandra / CouchDB).
- Strong experience in Hadoop Ecosystem technologies like HBase, MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, Cloudera Impala, Zookeeper, Oozie, Hue, Kafka.
- Both the use of and development of Web services and APIs as in RESTful and Messaging systems ( WebShere MQ / RabbitMQ / SonicMQ ).
- Experience with application servers and packages from major vendors (e.g., WebSphere, WebLogic, IIS, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache.
- Code versioning tools like Git / SVN
- Exposure to hybrid cloud solutions (Azure, Google Compute Engine and Amazon Cloud) with hands-on experience in direct API integration is an advantage.